Contact us

This website is provided by the Parliamentary Counsel Office/Te Tari Tohutohu Pāremata. We draft and publish most New Zealand legislation.

For everything you need to know about COVID-19, go to

What we do

  • We draft New Zealand Government Bills (except Inland Revenue Bills) and some secondary legislation.
  • We publish New Zealand Government Bills, Acts, and the secondary legislation that we draft, on this website.

See the Parliamentary Counsel Office website for more information. For what the Parliamentary Counsel Office does and does not draft, see Legislation drafted and published by PCO.

What we don't do

We are often asked for information we cannot provide:

  • We don't give legal advice, or explain the law, or give an opinion as to what law applies in particular circumstances.
  • We don't investigate possible breaches of the law.
  • We don't supply printed legislation—but you can order printed legislation via this website. See Ordering a commercial print: buy online and other options.

Who else may be able to help

The government agency that administers legislation in your area of interest may be able to help. The administering agency is shown at the top of an Act. In secondary legislation the name appears either at the start or end of the document. See Contacting government agencies.

If you don't know what law is relevant, or what agency to contact, or need agency contact details, visit for general information or for businesses.

For help finding secondary legislation, see Finding secondary legislation. Or contact the agency that administers it—see Contacting government agencies.

For help with your specific situation, contact:

You may also want to contact a government Minister or your local Member of Parliament: see the New Zealand Parliament website.

If you want to comment on a Bill that is before a select committee, see Make a submission for a list of Bills that select committees are seeking submissions on, and for how to make a submission.

Contacting government agencies

The contact details for all government agencies are available from The agency that administers an Act or secondary legislation may be able to help with questions about that legislation.

Contacting the Parliamentary Counsel Office

To email us, please use the Feedback form (remember to include your email address if you wish to receive a reply).

Our postal address:
Parliamentary Counsel Office
PO Box 18 070
Wellington 6160
New Zealand

Phone +64 4 333 1000

If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this website or the Parliamentary Counsel Office, please get in touch with us using the details above. Or take a minute to complete our website survey (see below).

You can also use the New Zealand Relay Service (NZ Relay) to contact us. NZ Relay is a telecommunications service for people who are deaf, hearing-impaired, deaf-blind, or speech-impaired.

Website survey

Tell us how well this website works for you, with our four-question survey.

If you would like to make comments or suggestions, or want to receive a reply, please get in touch using the Feedback form.

Help with this website

For help with using this website, see: